Fishing Expedition to St Brandon
This package includes the crossing on one of our commercial fishing vessels of 65 feet for a duration of 11 days including 2 nights at sea and 8 nights on the South Island. (For a minimum of 2 persons)
- Departure from Port Louis at Taylor Smith around 3pm. Skipper's Briefing. Departure are schedule every Monday
- Arrival at South Island the next day after 24 hours at sea (depending on the sea state).
- 8 nights ashore in one of our facilities/7 full days of fishing (Popping/Jigging/Dropshot)
- Departure on the 10th day after early breakfast.
- Return to Mauritius the next day around 09:00 - Thursday
Included in the expedition:
- One tender boat equipped with 2 engines 15hp and fuel for the duration of the stay. (Up to 2 persons by boat)
- Three Mauritian meals per day
- Water and basic soft drinks.
- 3 x 6 packs of local beers per person
- Evacuation insurance by boat (Up to Eur12,985)
Not included in the expedition:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Equipment (Guest are requested to bring all their kitesurfing equipment)
- Sophisticated meals
ALL PRICES ARE 15% VAT INCLUSIVE
Price: - Eur 4,300 /person including VAT
Everyone travelling to Mauritius must have a passport valid for at least 1year beyond the intended departure date.
- Ideally 4 rods: One 20-80 g power with a 40 lb. braid for shallow reefs (duckbill, grouper, small trevallies); a 2.50m power 60lb rod for yellowfin tunas and "popping light" along reefs, and a 100lb rod (capable of casting more than 200g) for large GTs and a rod of 2,20m power 5-20 g with reel 2500 filled with braid 12 / 100th for the lagoon
- Rod models recommended for heavy popping: Zenaq Tobizo TC80-200, Tenryu Furrary Xtreme Popping, Carpenter LR86 ...
- Daiwa Saltiga and Shimano Stella SW quality reels
- Recommended Braids: YKG Ultra Castman, 8-Strand Daiwa J-Braid, WFT, Powerpro ...
- Lures for the lagoon: Halco Roosta type poppers 105 and 135, floating stickbaits and floating, swimming fish (type Yo-Zuri Crystal) from 11 to 13 cm, plus some casting jigs of 20 to 40 g.
- Lures for the reefs: poppers from 100 to 200 g (Bull Surface, Halco Roosta 195, Heru Cubera 125 and 180, Rapala X-Plode, Orion Frazer, JTH Busqué 140, Amegari Dzanga 230 ...), pencil poppers type Daiwa Bubble Maker 300 and Heru Skipjack, big stickbaits floating and flowing 20 cm
- Tuna lures: Halco Slidog 150 flowing stickbaits, 100 lbs. fluoro liner.
Terms of Payment
A 50% deposit must be done on confirmation of the dates and full payment must be received at least 4 weeks prior to departure. If the deposit is not made upon confirmation of dates, the Company has the right to allocate the same booking dates to another group.
If a trip is cancelled by the clients less than 4 weeks prior to departure, the deposit will be forfeited. If a trip is cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to departure, the total amount will be forfeited. Please note that, when renting a tender boat, a deposit of Eur3,380 per boat is mandatory to cover any breakage or loss of equipment. This amount will be refunded when you return to Mauritius. In case of loss or breakage of equipment due to your negligence, the Company will use the deposit to cover the costs of repairs or replacement.
If a trip is cancelled by the Company, due to dangerous weather or another unforeseen event, the client will be refunded in full.
If one of the transporters is not operational for unforeseen reasons, another boat will be made available. For available dates, please check with the Company.